Thu, Oct 19|
Workshop: Keeping a Nature & Wildlife Journal
There’s something special about exploring the natural world and putting your observations and thoughts down on paper. This workshop will help you do just that!
Time & Location
Oct 19, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
About The Event
Participants will meet online for the first session (Zoom link sent after you register) - and we will introduce ourselves to one another and view a video introduction to help us to get started. This includes a review of materials needed and a few simple sketching techniques. If you prefer to just record your nature observations with words, without creating images, that is welcome too! We’ll also choose a regional park to explore for our Nature Journaling Field Trip on Sunday, April 23rd. We can continue with our nature journaling field trips throughout the season, based on participant interest.
Minimum Workshop Material List:
- Blank notebook
- Mechanical pencil
Recommended Workshop Materials List:
- Canson XL Mix Media Paper Pad, for wet and dry media, 7″ x 10″ (your journal for the course)
- Pentel Twist Erase III Mechanical Pencil, 0.5 mm
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush (medium)
- Sakura Koi Watercolor Pocket Field Sketch Box, 24 colors
- Sakura Pigma Micron 05 Ink Pen, Black
Let's get exploring our natural world, together!